Today, I went shopping at Walgreens and found some awesome deals… at least for me. I hurried to the store today since Checkout 51 came out with new rebates (as usually on Thursday’s). The first thing I did was scream of joy when I saw some deals on nail polish. I super love, love Sally Hansen products, they are awesome! Unfortunately, they do not pay me to be a huge fan of their items, bummer!
I knew Walgreens had a clearance going on for the nail polish (store near work) so adding coupons plus rebates would make it an A-W-E-S-O-M-E, COOL deal.
On this trip the following items were purchased:
- 1 SH Miracle Gel Polish $4.99
- 1 SH Miracle Gel Top Coat $4.99
- 1 SH Complete Salon Manicure Polish $4.99
- 1 SH Airbrush Sun Tanning Lotion 5.9oz $6.99
- 2 Lightning Nuggets Fire Starters 12ct $0.49
- 3 Oreo Milka Chocolate Candy Bars $0.69
Total before taxes was $25.01. The coupons below were used for this transaction:
- 2 Manufacture coupons for SH Miracle Gel $1.00 on 1
- 1 Manufacture coupon for SH Complete Salon $2.00
- 1 Manufacture e-coupon for SH Airbrush $2.00
Total out-of-pocket paid was $19.01 (no tax included). Shortly after leaving the store, the following rebates were submitted:
- $3.00 SH Miracle Gel Polish – Checkout 51
- $3.00 SH Miracle Gel Top Coat – Checkout 51
- $2.00 SH Complete Salon Manicure – Checkout 51
- $2.00 SH Airbrush Tanning Lotion – Checkout 51
- $1.00 for redeeming 2 SH offers
- $4.00 on select SH products (when you spend $15.) – SavingStar
- $1.50 Oreo Milka Chocolate Bars ($0.50 ea) – Ibotta
Final price after rebates: $2.51! Yessss! Pretty cool right?
During check out, a little boy with his mom were behind me in line purchasing a birthday card. Very politely I leaned over to the mom and asked if it would be okay if I gave the boy one of the candy bars just paid for. She was surprised yet said yes. Before heading out I asked the boy if he had tried this new candy bar, he shyly replied no. I gave him 2. He smiled and gave a quick “dab”. Love it!
One main reason why I quickly acted on this trip is the fact Checkout51 only limited quantities on their rebates and are available for only 1 week at a time. So, if you see a rebate you like, take advantage of it: they might run out. Also, there is no guarantee that it will be back for the next week.
I am very satisfied with this transaction: love the nail polish, tanning lotion, fire starter (great for camping) and of course the candy!
What kind of rebates did you submit today?